Friday, August 15, 2008

More Dozer Lines...

They bulldozed around the cabin. There were a few spot fires on the property. One of them was at the bottom of the photo.

The Strawbales came through just fine! Again, I wonder what the firefighters thought of that?



Another view of dozer lines...


And more...seems silly that they put such vast amounts of resources to save something that isn't worth that much. I was interviewed by the western correspondent for Fox Radio (I only consented to talk with her after learning it was the radio---on TV I look like Michael Moore) and I said the same thing. She was looking for a victim to blather about the loss of a house. I just said that the Red Cross is great! And that we put way too much effort into saving areas that need to burn anyway.

"Even if it is your house?" she asked. "Yup" I said.

However, I am glad they saved the house through such valiant efforts. So even though we moved on the 22nd of June, it was July 12 before we really inhabited the house full time. Puts us weeks behind on building plans. Plus clean up from the dozers and fire.

The lesson? Take your time... so that's what Joni and I decided to do. Take our time and treasure what we have. If you want to make God laugh, tell Her your plans...

No comments: