Monday, June 9, 2008

5 Days You Shall Work and 9 Days You Shall....

Hammered out a new work schedule with my Nurse Manager today.

Suffice it to say that I will work five days straight...to be followed by nine glorious days to myself (and to various other industrious activities). Turns out I will only need to make the 140 mile drive to work twice a month. That's only two hundred extra miles on my vehicle a month.

While at work, I will work at the hospital. Eat at the hospital. Sleep at the hospital. I have the option to work double shifts, if needed, and if available.

And the joyful thing is that I will still have a benefited position. Health benefits for our family. 401K. Plus I will continue to accrue vacation time (just in case my nine days off isn't sufficient).

I'm a lucky man...

No comments: