Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mother Earth...

One of the Blog entries below (A visit from Ed), found a new home on the Mother Earth News website. The editors there were kind enough to post my response to a fair amount of negativity regarding the Monkey Wrenching piece.

It is interesting to compare the orginal, with the edited version on the web-site. Personally, I like mine better. But I don't give a rip about grammar, sentence fragments, incorrect punctuation, incorrect capitalization and the like.

See for yourself.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/forums/forum.aspx?boardid=1202&g=posts&t=132894

I did get a note from the guy who edited the piece. He said:

"You have a great writing style, so I hope my “traditional” editing still allows your voice to come through. Your thoughts have certainly prompted some good discussion."




No comments: