Thursday, June 24, 2010

Two Years...

We've been living here for two years now. A little bit shy of the amount of time Thoreau lived in his cabin. We intend to stay in ours for quite a bit longer than Thoreau stayed in his cabin. Until death do us part...

I've had a productive nine days. I've weed whacked the perimeter of our structures. It is now the "fire season" and the best protection a person can give your property is to take out the weeds.

And Joni and I made progress this morning on building our "chicken coop". Soon they will have a new home..

And I put in our very last window. Since I mudded all around the thing, I was a bit worried that the window wouldn't fit. No worries! The window fit nicely into the window buck...



And with Kathy and Tom's help, we completed a the tallest wall. And now I'm in the process of mud plastering the thing...

As always, I didn't get everything done that I wanted to. We shall start again next week, when I return from the Napa Valley.


No comments: