Thursday, June 3, 2010

Slow, Slow Progress...

Back to the dirty work.

I understand that looking at mud drying on straw is not exactly an exciting thing. I understand that no one will get pleasure out of these photos but me.

It isn't like mud is conducive to action shots. Especially when nobody else is helping you. Bear with me. We have only three or four months more of this mud thing...

How we started the day:


I've been doing the finish work of getting the edges around the windows. This takes time...


I did the edges of three windows today...

Up we go...


I know that these shots make no sense....

Added some muddy height to the North Wall. I still have to put the window in (I hope I built the window buck correctly!).

The Northeast pole...




Slow progress...

I will be clearing all the insulation, straw bales, accumulated junk and make-shift bedroom out of this part of the Addition soon. But first it has to stop raining (it is raining as I type this--unheard of for this time of year in California!).

We will be putting the electrical in to the Addition in the next week or so. Buried in the floor. And then I will be making wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow of Adobe for the Mud Floor.

No comments: