Saturday, October 25, 2008

The First Eight Feet Are Done...

That didn't take as long as I thought it would. Eight feet of wall took five bags of Mortar and all the rock we've collected the past couple of days.

The hardest part is collecting the rock and building the forms. Here I am placing some rock into the mortar.


Joni doing the same.

Yet another use for Tupperware! We used it to pour in the mortar into the form.


The finished product. Well, almost, I'm gonna put a little more mortar across the top.


Another view.


Decision time. Do I set up some more forms and gather some more rock and do another section? Or should I wait until we undo these forms to see how it turned out?


Guess I'll go gather some more rock, as we will need that for sure. And yes, I am awfully curious to see what we will have when we take the forms apart!




No comments: